- County Council Public Statement - 03/17/20
- Spartanburg Parks Department Press Release - updated 03/19/20
- South Carolina Supreme Court Eviction and Foreclosures Order Press Release - updated 03/19/20
- South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce Press Release - 03/20/20
- Probate Court Amended Operating Procedures - 03/23/20
- Spartanburg County Reduced Public Access - 03/23/20
- Veteran’s Affairs - 03/30/20
- Spartanburg Parks Department Press Release - 03/31/20
- Spartanburg County Essential Services Press Release - 04/06/20
- Spartanburg County Hospitality and Accommodations Tax Extension - 04/15/20
- Spartanburg Parks Department Press Release - 04/28/20
Environmental Service - Animal Services
Animal Care (Shelter) - 03/29/20
- Animal Care Shelter will suspend all intake of healthy stray dogs, community/stray cats, and owned pet surrenders.
- Animal Care Shelter will continue to accept stray animals that are sick and injured, a public safety hazard, and those in immediate danger.
- Animal Care Shelter will continue to provide life-saving outcomes for stray pets in the shelter, such as pet adoption, rescue, and foster opportunities; however these services will be offered by appointment only.
7th Circuit Solicitor - 04/06/20
The office of the 7th Circuit Solicitor in Spartanburg is temporarily closed to the public due to the Coronavirus. Employees are working remotely. If you need to reach the office, please call the main number (864) 596-2575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Anyone with questions about the office’s worthless program is asked to email email@example.com
Posted - 03/25/20
Our Spring Community Clean-Up Event scheduled for April 10-11 in Woodruff has been indefinitely postponed; we are working on rescheduling the date. Please contact us at 864-949-1658 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to dispose of items accepted at this annual event. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Posted - 03/18/20
March and April Elections Postponed Due to Coronavirus
COLUMBIA, SC (March 15, 2020) – Governor McMaster today announced the postponement of all elections scheduled for March and April 2020 (full list below). Affected elections will be rescheduled to occur after May 1, 2020. Specific dates will be announced later.
This announcement has NO impact on the March Candidate filing period. Candidate filing will open at noon on March 16, 2020 and will close at noon on March 30, 2020. Read the SEC’s Statement on March Filing and Coronavirus here: https://www.scvotes.org/statement-coronavirus-and-march-candidate-filing
The following elections will be affected:
- April 14 - Roebuck Fire District Tax Levy Referendum
- April 28 - Pacolet Special Election for Mayor
- April 28 - School District 3 Bond Referendum
As soon as these are rescheduled we will advise, and hope that by May this Coronavirus 19 is under control.
The May 12 General Election for the Spartanburg Metro B Water and Sewer District for one commissioner is still set for May 12.
Posted - 03/17/20
2020 Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event and Rain Barrel Sale scheduled for March 28th HAS BEEN CANCELED; we are working on rescheduling the date, please stay tuned, and call or email 864-949-1658 or email@example.com in the meantime for disposal options for your hazardous waste materials. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.
Posted - 03/16/20
All senior adult and after class enrichment programs are suspended until further notice.
To ensure the safety of our participants and staff, effective immediately, all senior adult and after class enrichment programs are suspended until further notice.
As we continue to monitor the situation and make changes to our normally scheduled events and programs, we appreciate your patience. Our community’s safety is our top priority.